Monday, July 14, 2014

Post - HydraFacial Blues: My Sensitive Skin Type Did Not Relish This Facial!

I have to say the day after effects of the HydraFacial are stunning! My skin was absolutely glowy, sparkling clean, and free of any imaginable impurities thanks to the added extractions.

Then a few days creep by and my skin became a greasy, oil slick with small, angry bumps that are still appearing. Hopefully, they will subside, but the waiting period is not fun.

I have had two previous HydraFacials with mixed results. I had similar results to what is occurring now during my first, but thought that maybe the esthetician I had, might had been a little rough with the suction device/extractions.

 The second time I had this facial, with a very skilled esthetician, my skin was stunning and had not one issue, so I am on the fence about this treatment. Again, I had this treatment with the skilled esthetician, but came out with the same results as my first facial.

I would not recommend this facial for anyone who has very sensitive, acne prone skin, even though many spas will suggest it, since it uses water and a gentle suctioning device. It is similar to microdermabrasion, but uses water instead of crystals.

One other little tip, this facial is not cheap. My facial cost $190 with extractions. The extractions are extra.

So go ahead and get hydrated by the HydraFacial, but do so with this post in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment